Great ideas with measurable impact
Propeller’s impact spans from job creation and economic growth to narrowing disparities within our four areas of focus.
- 200 nonprofits and businesses supported through Propeller’s accelerator programs, including a local food hub, a five-star rated childcare center, an education design studio, and a wetland mitigation company.
- $105+ million in external financing and revenue collectively generated by Propeller graduate entrepreneurs.
- 460+ full- and part-time jobs created, contributing to an expanding workforce in New Orleans.
- $150,000+ in seed funding awarded to entrepreneurs through PitchNOLA competitions
- State policy passed for universal school lunch participation and Benefit Corporation legislation providing an alternate corporate entity for social ventures.
Impact of Areas of Focus
- Food: 40% of New Orleans public school children receiving fresh, locally-sourced healthy school lunches; 30 vacant lots developed into productive gardens and orchards to provide produce at no cost to Lower 9th Ward residents; 35 local food entrepreneurs receiving business support and an affordable, fully stocked professional kitchen space to prepare their foods for mass market sales.
- Water: 2,000+ acres of wetlands secured for restoration and permanent protection; 1.5 million+ gallons of stormwater runoff retained annually to improve urban flooding; 1,200+ fishermen receiving technical assistance, social services, and disaster recovery services.
- Health: 26,000+ New Orleans children receiving medical health screenings in school through Medicare/ Medicaid; $1.2 million in financing raised to build the Broadmoor Arts & Wellness Center, serving 750+ residents since August 2015; 10,000+ New Orleanians engaged in weekly social bike rides in 2016.
- Education: 200+ high school students receiving college entry preparation and support; program piloted to train teachers in racial equity; 300+ schools streamlining professional support for teachers through a K-12 classroom observation and coaching platform; 10,000+ volunteers engaged to help 350+ homeowners and rebuild 13 homes to be resold to teachers at a reduced cost.
- 2017 Audit Report | 2017 Form 990
- 2016 Audit Report | 2016 Form 990
- 2015 Audit Report | 2015 Form 990