Social entrepreneurs, unite!
Propeller is now accepting applications for our fourth Social Venture Accelerator. In fact, you can apply right here, right now.
This 10-month fellowship will connect you, the change-makers of New Orleans, with resources necessary to make measurable impact and reach financial sustainability.
We have space, skills, support, staff.
As a Propeller Fellow, you’ll receive access to the following:
- A co-working office and meeting space (with Wi-Fi, printing and coffee) in our vibrant Incubator facility
- A network of nearly 200 pro bono professionals with expertise in accounting, finance, graphic design, marketing, law and more
- A paid consultant who works one-on-one with you throughout the program
- Intensive policy support for solutions that require advocacy
- Propeller staff who make key introductions to potential funders, customers, advocates and financing partners
We achieve measurable results.
At Propeller, we believe that social entrepreneurs play a critical role in meeting community challenges and fostering economic development. In three years, Propeller has incubated 36 social ventures with innovative solutions to blight, food access, public health, wetlands loss, criminal justice, workforce development and more.
- The Healthy School Food Collaborative (‘12) administers over $6.5 million in federal reimbursements to bring healthy school meals to 39% of all public schools in New Orleans.
- Justice & Accountability Center of New Orleans" (‘12) has served over 1,000 clients for non-violent criminal record expungements to facilitate successful societal re-entry and reduced recidivism.
- Matter Inc. (‘11) has donated $21,000 (and counting!) towards BP Oil spill cleanup through the sale of BirdProject soaps.
- Birthmark (‘12) has provided doula services to over 300 women (half of whom received services for free), is operating out of South Broad Community Health, and plans to open New Orleans’ first birthing center in 2015.
- Griffin Law Group (‘13) has won over $200,000 in benefits for disabled children.
- TrueSchool (‘13) has garnered significant national contracts to reach over 200 teachers through its innovative applied research, design and professional development studios, which will impact over 6,000 students.
We’re calling all social entrepreneurs. Get ready for accelerated impact.
Program Dates: September 3, 2014 — May 21, 2015
Early Submission Application Feedback Deadline: May 25, 2014
Application Deadline: June 10, 2014
All early-stage social ventures that are currently in development or in operation are encouraged to apply. This includes for-profits, non-profits and hybrids.
Propeller seeks ventures with a desire for external support and mentorship to achieve their mission; entrepreneurs with grit and the ability to get things done to make a wide-scale difference; and participants who are excited to actively contribute and learn from a peer cohort of social entrepreneurs.
Does this sound like you? Then, we hope you’ll apply!
For a complete program overview and eligibility requirements, please scroll down to download the PDF.
We reach a local and national audience.
Propeller and our Accelerator Fellows have also gained local and national media attention from outlets including the The New York Times, TIME, Wired, The Huffington Post, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Times-Picayune, The New Orleans Advocate and more.
The ventures currently in our 10-month Social Venture Accelerator are reaching, and in some cases, exceeding, their financial and social impact goals. Our vast network of professionals offer mentorship and consulting that will help you do the same.
“Hands down, Where Y’Art would not be where it is today without the support of the Propeller staff and it’s network of rockstar professionals . . . Our experience has been extraordinary and I would recommend any social entrepreneur starting a business to apply. I am inspired by their generosity and willingness to go beyond what is expected of them. I am proud to call them advisors, believers and friends.”
Co-Founder, Where Y'Art
- To read more or determine eligibility, download the overview program below.