1st Annual Cook-Off for the Coast Wild Hog BBQ Competition & Tailgate
Cook-Off for the Coast brings together family fun, delicious food, and coastal restoration!
Shoot! This event has already happened.
Don't miss out on future events. Stay in the know by signing up for our newsletter.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
5124 East Saint Bernard Highway
Violet, LA 70092
Clear your calendar because it’s going down. Saint Bernard Parish invites you to Cook-Off for the Coast, a family-friendly tailgate party featuring:
- Free tastings from amateur cook teams battling it out in a wild boar cooking competition
- Giant screens broadcasting the LSU vs. Tennessee Game so you won’t miss a snap
- Cooking demonstrations and samples by local celebrity chefs
- Cash bar provided by Pirogue’s Whiskey Bayou
- Live music
- Silent auction
- Kids’ activities (Kids under 12 are free!)
- Information on coastal restoration, invasive species and storm water management
All proceeds from Cook-Off for the Coast tickets and silent auction prizes will be granted to St. Bernard Wetlands Foundation in support of tree planting to help reduce impacts from storm surge and flooding, as well as improve water quality and create habitat for fish and wildlife.
Event co-sponsored by the Meraux Foundation; Restore the Mississippi River Delta; Culinaria Center for Food Law, Policy and Culture; Propeller; Water Works; and Louisiana Sea Grant.