Eco-intelligence, creativity, and innovative philanthropy unite at Goods that Matter, a design for good company based in New Orleans. We are committed to creating eco friendly products in the U.S. that also give back to our world’s most pressing social and environmental needs. Matter is a product design & consulting studio, uniquely focused on raising awareness and funding initiatives that advance social change. A portion of all proceeds flow to causes that impact the health, happiness, and sustainability of our communities both locally and for our neighbors around the world. Matter makes the world a better place by creating products and collaborations that matter.
Tippy Tippens is the Founder and Director of Matter and the BirdProject. She is a social entrepreneur, designer, and artist. Her experience includes designing faucets for Kohler & graduate degree from Pratt Institute. She is passionate about building sustainable growth, making the objects that we live with, work for us instead of against us, and ultimately wishes to contribute to greater happiness.
- Certified as a Benefit Corporation (1 of 6 in Louisiana)
- $23,520 donated to wetland restoration, oil spill cleanup, disaster relief, education, and literacy groups.
- Donated $3000 to partner groups
- Launching soon – a new product that donates to STAIR, a New Orleans tutoring group helping elementary school students succeed and build confidence.
- In Partnership with Birthmark Doulas, 100% of proceeds from Blankets & Notebooks go towards building their new, independent Birthing Center in New Orleans
- 11 Green/Recycled Materials used in production of our Giving Goods
- 0 Smoke Stacks used in production of our Giving Goods
- 7 Local Makers engaged to create all products
“Propeller’s knowledge and resources were able to reduce my learning curve in the business world. I would never have been to execute a wholesale strategy or create a solidified business plan and marketing strategy without them.”
Founder & Director, Matter ('12)