Clear Health Analytics empowers consumers to make smarter health insurance decisions by providing clear and unbiased cost comparison information.
Kathryn Wollan and Jennifer Sclar
Kathryn Wollan, Co-founder
Kathryn Wollan is a historic preservationist with over a decade of experience in public policy and cultural heritage planning and conservation. She has worked in both the public and private sectors and has expertise managing large government projects. She especially loves working in the disaster recovery context because it is in those moments that communities make essential choices about where they have been and where they are going. Kathryn is a graduate of Barnard College, and holds a MS from University of Vermont.
Jennifer Sclar, Co-founder
Jennifer Sclar spent many years prosecuting civil cases on behalf of consumers and shareholders against large financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, and health insurance companies. Although she recognizes the need for litigation in some situations, she believes that information is often a far more powerful tool. She is passionate in her desire to give consumers access to the information they need in ways that are useful and intuitive. Jennifer is a magna cum laude graduate of Barnard College, and a graduate of Columbia Law School where she was a member of the Human Rights Law Review, a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and recipient of a public interest law grant.
Kathryn and Jennifer met in a college Biology lab 25 years ago and have been friends ever since. They previously partnered in a successful business venture.
People struggle to estimate costs and compare plans due to a lack of accurate, unbiased health insurance information. According to the US Department of Health and Human Services, roughly 42% of this year’s state total selected a plan for the first time. In 2014, Louisiana saw a 45% increase in enrollment in the Affordable Care Act.
- Tool embedded on up to 4500 community partner sites that empowers consumers to make smarter health insurance decisions
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health 2.0 Developer Challenge Winner and Plan Choice Advisory Group
• Partnering with the nation’s leading healthcare enrollment coalition to create cutting edge consumer tools to maximize enrollment and retention of health coverage under the Affordable Care Act
- One partnership with a mission-aligned non-profit organization
- 12,000 page views
- Reduced decision time for health insurance enrollees vs. healthcare.gov