South Broad Business Initiative
The South Broad Business Initiative (SBBI) is a free 6-month business assistance program designed to provide neighborhood business owners of color with assistance, resources, and professional experts to help grow for-profit businesses. Benefits include free workspace, mentorship, and assistance with marketing, financials, taxes, legal assistance, and technology updates.
Businesses must be located in or in the process or relocating to the Broadmoor-Hoffman-Triangle-Zion City-B.W. Cooper neighborhood area. Our geographic boundaries include all of South Broad Avenue (Starting at the Napoleon Avenue & Fontainebleau Drive split). This boundary is bordered by South Jefferson Davis Parkway (Going towards the Lake) and by South Galvez Street (Going towards the River). Applications are open now on a rolling basis. Interested? Sign up here, and we'll reach out with more information.
We reserve one spot per program for a business that furthers the goals of racial equity and inclusion. This includes businesses actively working to close the racial wealth gap, support entrepreneurs of color, or subvert gentrification in the South Broad area.Apply Online
Application Deadline: June 29, 2018
Program Dates: August 2018 - December 2018
Selection: July 2, 2018 (tentative)
- Businesses must be majority-owned (50%+) by person(s) of color/racial or ethnic minorities.
- Must be located in or in the process or relocating to the Broadmoor-Hoffman-Triangle-Zion City-B.W. Cooper neighborhood area.
- Brick and mortar for-profit storefront businesses.
- Brick-and-mortar storefront businesses.
- Businesses that intend to stay in the neighborhood long-term and that plan to hire employees locally.
Contact: Trace Allen, Neighborhood Business Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (504) 264-1360
Our doors are open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm at 4035 Washington Avenue.