South Broad Business Initiative
The South Broad Business Initiative (SBBI) is a free 6-month business assistance program designed to provide neighborhood business owners of color with assistance, resources, and professional experts to help grow for-profit businesses. Benefits include free workspace, mentorship, and assistance with marketing, financials, taxes, legal assistance, and technology updates.
Businesses must be located in or in the process or relocating to the Broadmoor-Hoffman-Triangle-Zion City-B.W. Cooper neighborhood area. Applications are open now on a rolling basis. Interested? Sign up here, and we'll reach out with more information.
We reserve one spot per program for a business that furthers the goals of racial equity and inclusion. This includes businesses actively working to close the racial wealth gap, support entrepreneurs of color, or subvert gentrification in the South Broad area.Apply Online
Application Deadline: November 12, 2017
Program Dates: December 2017 – May 2018
Selection: November 20, 2017
Friday, November 3, 2–5pm
Friday, November 10, 2–5pm
- Businesses must be majority-owned (50%+) by person(s) of color/racial or ethnic minorities.
- Must be located in or in the process or relocating to the Broadmoor-Hoffman-Triangle-Zion City-B.W. Cooper neighborhood area.
- For-profit businesses. This can include established, home-based, and pre-revenue startup businesses.
- Brick-and-mortar storefront businesses.
- Businesses that intend to stay in the neighborhood long-term and that plan to hire employees locally.
Contact: Trace Allen, Neighborhood Business Coordinator, email@example.com, (504) 264-1360
Our doors are open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm at 4035 Washington Avenue.