3 July 2013
Accelerator Application Workshop: Friday, July 12
First deadline for application feedback: Thursday, July 11
Application deadline: Friday, July 26
You're an innovator with an idea for social change.
Social innovators are creative, visionary individuals with an eye on the city's most pressing social, economic, and environmental problems. But for a social venture to reach financial sustainability and social impact targets, entrepreneurs need access to networks and hands-on support as they build their strategy for change. Here at Propeller, we support early-stage ventures through our Social Venture Accelerator Program, a 10-month fellowship that connects change-makers with resources to make change faster.
"VEGGI’s involvement as one of Propeller’s Accelerator Fellows has been transformative – we’ve spent months working closely with consultants such as Nora Ellertsen from the Funding Seed to polish our pitch, strengthen our local and national networks, develop fundraising and financial strategic plans, and exceed our fundraising targets."
Daniel Nguyen, Co-Founder, VEGGI Farmers Cooperative
We have space, skills, support, staff.
Propeller provides its Accelerator Fellows with access to the following:
- A co-working office and meeting space (with wi-fi, printing, and coffee) in our vibrant Incubator Facility
- A network of over 150 pro bono professionals with expertise in accounting, finance, graphic design, marketing, law, and more
- A paid, one-on-one consultant who becomes part of your team throughout the program
- Intensive policy support for solutions that require advocacy
- Propeller staff who make key introductions to potential funders, customers, advocates, and financing partners
"We received a treasure trove of advice from the mentors at Propeller. For example, we needed expert advice on how to structure our finances, and the Propeller team connected us to an accountant who was a godsend for us at a critical moment."
Jane Wholey, Executive Director of Kids Rethink New Orleans Schools
You'll be in good company.
A key asset of the Accelerator Program is peer support. Accelerator Fellows come with diverse skill sets and share a passion for social change. A list of what just a few of our current fellows are working on:
- Launching a cooperative for Vietnamese farmers affected by the BP oil spill
- Delivering healthy school lunch to over 20% of public school children in Orleans Parish
- Organizing boat and kayak tours through Louisiana's endangered wetlands
- Restoring blighted and vacant land with community flower gardens and produce farms
We achieve measurable results.
In the past two years, we have incubated 21 ventures and have seen a 2300% Return on Investment. Our Accelerator Fellows have created 72 full- and part-time jobs and generated $5.4 million in external financing, revenues, and grants. Read about our impact here.
“Propeller has been a tremendous resource for JAC. With the support of our consultant and the pro bono network, we've been able to increase our impact from 30 clients to 450 clients in less than 12 months.”
Ameca Reali, Co-founder of Justice and Accountability Center of Louisiana (JAC)
The first step in applying is to attend an Accelerator Application Workshop to have your questions answered. The final workshop will be held on Friday, July 12 from 11:30am – 12:30pm at the Propeller Incubator. Register here. The first deadline for application feedback is July 11, and the final application deadline is July 26.