6 October 2018
This report contains the aggregate responses from 64 alumni on their financial performance and social impact from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
- $105+ in revenue and external financing generated by Propeller alumni, 21% generated in 2017.
- 460+ jobs created by Propeller alumni, 25% created in 2017.
- $5.5 million in wages to jobs created and maintained in 2017.
- 89% busines survival rate (compared to the national average of 55%)
- 55% of 2017 founders are people of color
- 50% of 2017 founders identify as a woman or non-binary
Program Satisfaction Overview
To evaluate our alumni satisfaction with our program, Propeller uses the Net Promoter Score. We asked the ventures: “How likely is it that you would recommend Propeller to a friend or colleague? (1 being not likely at all and 10 being definitely).” Those who responded with a score of 9 to 10 are considered Promoters and those who responded with a score of 0 to 6 are considered Detractors.
The Net Promoter Score for our 2017 Alumni Survey was +75. To put that score into context, the average American company scores less than +10 on the NPS, while the highest performing organizations are situated between +50 and +80, according to the developer of this index. These values vary between industries and cultures.