MATTER INC a design studio based in New Orleans, uniquely focused on raising awareness and funding initiatives that advance social change. A portion of all proceeds flow to causes that impact the health, happiness, and sustainability of our communities both locally and for our neighbors around the world.
Tippy Tippens is the Founder and Director of Matter and the BirdProject. She is a social entrepreneur, designer, and artist. Her experience includes designing faucets for Kohler & graduate degree from Pratt Institute. She is passionate about building sustainable growth, making the objects that we live with, work for us instead of against us, and ultimately wishes to contribute to greater happiness.
Propeller’s knowledge and resources were able to reduce my learning curve in the business world. I would never have been to execute a wholesale strategy or create a solidified business plan and marketing strategy without them.
Tippy Tippens, Founder & Director of Matter
- Need Money for your Idea? Creative Financing Starts Locally
- Incubator for socially minded entrepreneurs launches in New Orleans
- Louisiana About to Become a Benefit Corp. State with Illinois Close Behind
- A Decorative Soap with a Story and a Mission
- Taking A Bird In The Hand
- Broad to Bayou Bikeway
- Bird Project’s Bird-Shaped Soaps Remind Us Gulf Spill Cleanup Isn’t Over
- Symbolic Soaps Raise Funds for Oil-Spill Cleanup Operation
- Chirp! ‘Birdproject’ Helps Fund Gulf Coast Recovery Efforts
- The Future is Really, Really Well-Designed