Payroll Basics for Entrepreneurs and Nonprofits
Presented by Small Business Resources Group
Shoot! This event has already happened.
Don't miss out on future events. Stay in the know by signing up for our newsletter.
Friday, January 16, 2015
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Propeller Incubator: Large Conference Room
4035 Washington Ave
New Orleans, LA 70002
Are you interested in hiring full-time, part-time or contractors?
You’ll need to know some payroll basics before you do and there have been some recent updates to policies. This workshop will be presented by Lynn McLean, founder of Small Business Resources Group
The afternoon session will cover:
- How to set up payroll
- Proper paperwork for new hires—what needs to be completed, when it needs to be done and how.
- How to report new hires correctly to the state.
- How to handle payroll taxes
- What tax ID numbers you need to have for payroll (there are 3!)
- The difference between a real employee (W2) and an independent contractor (1099).
- Why nonprofits also have to pay payroll taxes