Propeller 2012 Annual Gala
In Celebration of Social Entrepreneurship's Impact in New Orleans
Shoot! This event has already happened.
Don't miss out on future events. Stay in the know by signing up for our newsletter.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
6pm - 7pm: VIP Patron Hour
7pm - 10pm: Gala program, dinner, entertainment, and silent auction
Southern Food and Beverage Museum (inside the Riverwalk)
500 Port of New Orleans Place
New Orleans, LA 70130
New Orleans faces many pressing, systemic social problems, but no one can solve them alone. Smart, innovative people are ready to tackle these issues, and they need our help. We call these people “social entrepreneurs.“ Propeller is the only non-profit in New Orleans dedicated exclusively to supporting social entrepreneurs by enabling individuals to start and grow innovative, entrepreneurial, sustainable, and results-focused solutions to social and/or environmental problems in New Orleans.
We will celebrate the impact of last year’s Propeller Accelerator social entrepreneurs and HUB NOLA, unveil Propeller’s new name and brand, and announce the 2012-2013 Propeller Accelerator Fellows. Proceeds from the Gala will go directly towards next year’s Social Venture Accelerator.
Cocktail attire required.
You! And our large network of supporters, funders, social entrepreneurs, volunteers, business leader mentors, and corporations.
- VIP Patron Hour + Gala ($80)
- Gala ($30 in advance; $40 at door)
Honorary Chair: Leslie Jacobs, Founder of 504ward and Educate Now!, former insurance executive, and former BESE member
*To sponsor the gala event, please click here for the event sponsorship package.
Delicious food and beverages from:
- Abita Brewing Co
- Susan Spicer Restaurants (Mondo)
- Capdeville and Ste. Marie (Lifestyle Revolution Group)
- Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co.
- Liberty’s Kitchen
- La Divina Gelateria
- Green Fork Catering
- Sante Fe Tapas
- Mike’s on the Avenue
- Stein’s Deli
- Sugarman’s Bagels
Live music by:
- The Sessions and Nasimiyu
Silent auction donations:
- Commander’s Palace
- Windsor Court Grill Room and Polo Club
- Shops at Canal Place
- Rusty Nail, Melting Pot, Dirty Coast, Vom Fass
- Twelve Mile Limit
- Life Yoga
- Blue Jeans Bar
- House of Yoga/Skin Studio
- New Orleans Pedicabs
- Downtown Fitness (Healing Center)
- St. Charles Avenue Athletic Club
- Steamboat Natchez
- New Orleans Public Libraries Bucks for Books
- Fifteen 22 Boutique
- Chili’s and Calico Corner
- Leslie Jacobs Gold
- Adams & Reese Law Firm Bronze
- Baker Donelson Law Firm Bronze
- PricewaterhouseCoopers and Postlethwaite & Netterville Bronze
- University of New Orleans College of Business Administration Bronze