The Social Venture Accelerator is making a positive impact in New Orleans by putting innovative ideas to work, faster.
Our 10-month Social Venture Accelerator lies at the heart of Propeller’s mission and impact. We help early-stage ventures become operational, reach financial sustainability and meet social-impact targets.
We understand that the start-up phase of any new venture is challenging and lot of questions will arise: How do I set up Quickbooks? How do I choose a form of business entity? What is a business plan and how do I write one? Our 10-month Social Venture Accelerator propels our Accelerator Fellows through this start-up process and puts innovative ideas to work, faster.
Our Social Venture Accelerator gives innovators access to:
- 27-36 hours per month of hands-on support from paid consultants
- A network of over 100 pro bono professionals with expertise in accounting, finance, graphic design, marketing, law and more
- An impressive tier of executive-level mentors and experts who bring invaluable experience and professional connections to our innovators
- Intensive policy support for solutions that require advocacy
We’ve seen great success with this model. In only 10 months, our 2011 class of nine Accelerator Fellows created 40 new jobs (30 full-time). We saw a 2200% “Return on Investment” (ROI) and the collective generation of $2.2 million in external financing, revenues and grants. The 2012 class of Accelerator Fellows has expanded to include 12 new ventures.
The application for our 2013-2014 is not yet available. Please check back in with us in the Spring of 2013. Join our mailing list and be the first to know when the next round of applications are open.
The ventures currently in our 10-month Accelerator Program are reaching, and in some cases, exceeding, their financial and social impact goals. Our vast network of professionals offer mentorship and consulting that will help you do the same. Video produced by Kenie Huber, Teach for America.
Propeller’s Accelerator program was a boost at a critical time of growth for Resurrection After Exoneration. While we had had early successes, Propeller helped us develop the infrastructure we needed to grow our venture and, as a result, have a greater impact on our constituents.
John Thompson, Resurrection After Exoneration
Who Is Eligible? How Do I Apply?
- The ideal candidate is a high-potential, early-stage social entrepreneur who has needs in specific areas with interest in external assistance to accelerate his/her venture. Anyone with an idea for a for-profit, non-profit, or hybrid can apply. Ventures must have existed for no more than two years with paid staff, or have no more than two full-time staff.
- ARE YOU: Realistic that social change is hard, but accountable to achieving measurable results?
- ARE YOU: Passionate about implementing solutions that benefit disadvantaged populations or the environment?
- ARE YOU: Committed to bringing your idea to fruition?
- ARE YOU: Creative about solving problems and implementing solutions?
- ARE YOU: Eager to apply strong business principles that can scale your venture?
- APPLICATION PROCESS: The application for the 2013-2014 Accelerator Program has not yet opened. Join our newsletter or follow us on Facebook or Twitter so you don’t miss the announcement. Propeller will be selecting 10-14 ventures for the next Accelerator class.