In the Impact Accelerator, Propeller works with entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders to catalyze transformational growth. Propeller connects for-profit businesses with the contract opportunities, markets, and customers to put their business on the fast track for growth. Non-profit organizations leverage guidance, expertise, and resources to develop effective fundraising strategies and scale their impact equitably.
Ventures begin their Impact Accelerator experience by working with experienced, dedicated mentors to set ambitious yet achievable goals for growth and long-term sustainability, tailored to the needs of your business. Each venture receives support from subject matter experts to provide project assistance and access to entrepreneurial curriculum to remove speed bumps to growth.
Examples of how ventures leveraged program resources include:
- A consumer packaged goods company that increased revenue by acquisition of 10 new vendor accounts via streamlined communications and marketing strategy
- An early childhood education center that increased enrollment from 24 to 43 children and grew from 6 to 10 employee by developing and implementing a marketing plan with the guidance of their Lead Mentor
- A landscape construction and maintenance firm that grew revenues by $2,500 per month by utilizing their Lead Mentor’s extensive network to identify new contracts
Entrepreneurs graduate with the following tools, resources and experiences:
- 12 + hours of individualized strategy sessions with a dedicated Lead Mentor
- 12+ hours of business development curriculum
- Approximately 25 hours to work with consultants from Propeller’s Subject Matter Expert directory on short-term projects related to business development
- A detailed work plan laying out revenue, capital, and social/environmental impact goals
- Coaching to embed racial equity, social and environmental impact processes into business operations
- Introductions to key community stakeholders
- Free coworking office space at Propeller’s facility.
- Membership in a cohort of 20 like-minded entrepreneurs, as well as a network of over 300 alumni
Propeller’s Impact Accelerator is sponsored by Capital One, Advancing Cities, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana, Delta Regional Authority, Greater New Orleans, Inc., Institute of Mental Hygiene, Target, Thrive, Small Business Administration, and WK Kellogg Foundation.
Applications for the 2023 Impact Accelerator are now closed. Please complete our interest form if you would like to connect with a Propeller team member to learn more about other ways we can support your business growth, or to learn more about the 2024 Impact Accelerator.
Program Dates: July 15 - November 2, 2023
Application Deadline: May 14, 2023
In community economic development, Propeller’s Impact Accelerator supports BIPOC entrepreneurs operating brick and mortar establishments or affordable housing developments along the Broad Street corridor, in New Orleans East, and in Central City. Additionally, the Impact Accelerator supports BIPOC led for-profit or non-profit organizations working to create an equitable environment for BIPOC entrepreneurs, including for-profit organizations transitioning to a predominantly BIPOC owned/led worker cooperative model.
In education, Propeller’s Impact Accelerator supports entrepreneurs working in the service provision or delivery of early childhood education and care from birth to eight years of age.
In food, Propeller’s Impact Accelerator supports entrepreneurs who have an existing consumer packaged goods (CPG) brand, or whose food service businesses are pivoting to produce consumer packaged goods and other local food products, with an emphasis on sustainable, healthy, and affordable products made with locally-sourced ingredients.
In health, Propeller’s Impact Accelerator supports entrepreneurs who provide direct health and wellness services, including clinical care, and services that address the social and physical determinants of health. Propeller prioritizes entrepreneurs who serve a BIPOC client base.
In water, Propeller’s Impact Accelerator focuses on supporting entrepreneurs working in the fields of green infrastructure, urban stormwater management, and coastal restoration.